Life has taken over recently, meaning my Astrophotography has sadly taken a back seat. However last night I managed to get out for a couple hours to image M13. The results of this were very interesting to me, as M13 was the second object I ever photographed (June’14), so it gave me a good idea of how much I have improved since. I took 17 x 140 second images through my IDAS light pollution filter – at first I tried 180 second images but they were over exposing the centre.
For interest top one was my effort 13 months ago – I would think this was made up of 30 second exposures with no light pollution filter, and using a camera that hadn’t had its infra red filter removed – and the one below is the new one.